MTSA Mini Grants
At the beginning of each school year, MTSA members have the opportunity to apply for mini-grants to implement projects with students. The MTSA board looks for projects that are innovative and that promote excellence by enriching the transition skills of youth throughout Michigan.
- The deadline for submitting mini-grant applications is October 15.
- The completed application will have a description of the purpose of the mini-grant, detailed explanation of outcomes, money allocations, timeline and number of students served.
- Any variance must first be approved by Regional Representative.
- The Regional Representative must approve the application. A scoring rubric will be used in the selection process.
- The school district, building, or agency administrator must approve the application as funding must originate at this level.
- A mini-grant may not financially benefit any individual member. A member may not be the reimbursement recipient.
- Reimbursement will be made upon submission of the Post-Activity Summary and Request for Reimbursement forms accompanied by vendor receipts no later than April 15.
- Receipts must be free of personal purchases and must be legible and contain the date of purchase.
- If the number of receipts exceeds space on the Request for Reimbursement form, list on separate sheet including date of purchase, vendor, and items purchased, and receipt total. Enter reimbursement total for all receipts on Request for Reimbursement form.
- Forms must be complete, accurate and signed and dated by both the grant recipient and Regional Representative.
- Consideration will be made for new mini-grants/mini-grant recipients when possible.
Guidelines for Reimbursement
- Specific items not allowable include alcohol, conferences, gift cards unless used as student incentives (an explanation will be required), lottery tickets and personal purchases.
- Receipts dated prior to notification and/or acceptance of grant will not be reimbursed.
- Failure to comply with all requirements may jeopardize reimbursement and future mini-grant awards.
- Photos taken during the project are encouraged (please ensure photo permission is granted).
Regional Representative will review the forms for accuracy and submit to the Mini-Grant Chair. In turn, the Mini-Grant Chair will review, sign and date, and submit forms and receipts to the MTSA Treasurer no later than April 25.
- Deadline for application October 15
- Applicant must complete the application fully
- Applicant must submit application to the appropriate MTSA Region Representative
- Grand Traverse
- Lake Leelanau
- Presque Isle
- St. Joseph
- St. Clair