MTSA Mini Grants
At the beginning of each school year, MTSA members have the opportunity to apply for mini-grants to implement projects with students. The MTSA board looks for projects that are innovative and that promote excellence by enriching the transition skills of youth throughout Michigan.
The Michigan Transition Services Association (MTSA) offers reimbursement funding to its members in order to support local projects with a focus on student/young adult activities. Initial funding must be sourced from the local district, building or agency. Funds cannot be reimbursed to the grant recipient. Application requests must be emailed/faxed/postmarked by October 15 of the current school year. Mini-grants will be reimbursed by MTSA for no more than the amount awarded. Purchases made BEFORE grant awards made or submitted after deadline will not be reimbursed.
Extra consideration will be given for new grant recipients, sustainable activities, numberill of students impacted, and new and creative ideas for providing/transition related activities for your students. Items purchased become property of school or agency.
Funds can be used to support student transition services in the following areas:
MTSA Regional Priorities – examples of permissive popular activities:
Student Stipends-as limited part of activity
Home or Community Based Activity
(as part of broader effort)
Transition Curriculums Materials
Start-up Expenses for Student Micro Enterprise
Hybrid or Online LearningCurriculum or materials
Electronics to support fitness or learning
Virtual or trips
Specialized Transition Supplies/Equipments
- Applicants must be a current member of MTSA at time of application.
- Complete online Mini-Grant Application (Funding Request/Performance Agreement) and one page detailed description. Awards may be less than the amount requested, and will be clarified in the Award Notification letter.
- Submit grant application online to email@example.com or to your MTSA Representative no later than October 15 of the current school year.
By submitting this application, your proposal and ideas associated with your application become property of MTSA.
***Any changes to approved mini-grant activities must be approved by Region Rep and Mini Grant Chair, prior to those changes.
Guidelines for Reimbursement
- Click link for guidelines: Mini Grant Guidelines
- To receive your awarded mini-grant reimbursement funds you must complete the following by April 15, 2022:
- Mini-Grant Post Activity Summary
- Completed MTSA Requisition for Reimbursement (must be fully completed)
- A copy of all itemized paid receipts with only reimbursable purchases listed.
- MTSA will include the title of the grant topic and the recipient’s email address in a News Blast and highlighted at the conference. Photos of specific grant activities may be requested by MTSA for their website in jpg format.
- Return all documentation to your MTSA Region Rep. no later than April 15, 2022.
***If awarded MTSA member moves to another district, grant funds continue to stay with the district which was issued the grant.
- Deadline for application October 15
- Applicant must complete the application fully
- Applicant must submit application to the appropriate MTSA Region Representative
- Grand Traverse
- Lake Leelanau
- Presque Isle
- St. Joseph
- St. Clair